Heart.Tools is copyleft, which means that it cannot be copyrighted. Heart.Tools is also open source code, which means that the original distinctions, thoughtmaps, heartware, thoughtware, models, and processes are freely available for people to use, improve, and derive further works. Specifically, we adopt the Creative Commons licensing protocol (Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike International 4.0 License) (CC BY S-A Intl. 4.0) which states that derived works should also carry the legal attribution and share-alike clauses. Anybody, anywhere, who has the ability to consciously understand and responsibly use the heartware, thoughtware, distinctions, thoughtmaps, tools and processes of Heart.Tools has full authority and responsibility to further expand, deepen, clarify, evolve, apply, and share them. There is no (and actually cannot be any) individual or organization who can limit the development of, exclude others from making use of, or demand a license fee, percentage, royalty, or commission from others using or teaching Heart.Tools or the Heart Community Possibility Village Model. People who deliver Heart.Tools based classes, workshops, trainings or processes, of course, need to receive compensation for their services. But the context, heartware, distinctions, and thoughtware of radical responsibility cannot be copyrighted. All further development of Heart.Tools and the Heart Community Possibility Village Model feeds Gaia’s creative commons.
Copyleft is appropriate because the growing set of tools, processes, and thoughtmaps through which Heart.Tools is applied come from an inexhaustible source of clarity and possibility open to all who can access it. In fact, one objective of Heart.Tools training is to prepare you to personally jack into the same bright principles that empower Heart.Tools so that these bright principles can serve you for the rest of your life as resources, and through you, and your people.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
- Licensing inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and begin your own journey
This codex is built as a template on the Notion platform and is free to duplicate. You will need a free Notion account, unless you plan to duplicate all four main phases below as this may require an upgrade to support the amount of blocks heart.tools includes at the time of duplication.
To learn more about Notion duplication, please see their help center here.